2022 International Chorus Preliminary, Mid-Winter Senior Chorus Preliminary, Mid-Winter Senior Quartet Preliminary, and Dixie District Quartet Championship Contests
Currently, the District will be using the guidelines for health and safety required by our venue, The Oxford Performance Arts Center. At this time, there is no mandate for masks or requirement for proof of vaccination. Please exercise your own personal judgment for your attending and participating at this event and use whichever precautions you deem necessary for yourself. Please check back weekly for any updates.
The time is upon us to gather for the 2022 Dixie Fall Convention. This convention will be held September 23-24, 2022 in Oxford, Alabama. For this convention, all competitors, non-member performers, and audiences will have to seek out local hotels/inns and secure rooms on their own.
Hilton Garden Inn Oxford
280 Colonial Drive
Oxford, AL 36203
Home2 Suites by Hilton
300 Colonial Drive
Oxford, AL 36203
Registration & Instructions for Competitors
Every competitor should have their quartet admin or chorus manager complete the contest entry at members.barbershop.org. Each competitor must be a member of the Barbershop Harmony Society and current on their dues. Each quartet must be registered with BHS (standard package minimum) and current on their dues at the time of the contest. Each chorus must be current for all members crossing the stage.
Every competitor should purchase a registration for the convention, $50 Early Bird until September 9th, $60 Full Price beginning September 10th. Registration can be purchased here on the Dixie site at BUY YOUR CONTESTANT REGISTRATION HERE. You will see the same information repeated for the registration page, just scroll to the bottom for the tickets. A paper registration form can be DOWNLOADED here.
Every contestant should make arrangements for their hotel at one of our two Dixie District hotels (above).
Quartet & Chorus Draw
The following convention activities will take place at the Oxford Performing Arts Center
- Ticket sells for general admission
The deadline for contestant entries will be midnight Monday, September 5th. Late attempts to enter the contest should be directed to email:Jim Sams.
Entries for the Fall Convention will include, but are not necessarily limited to:
- International Chorus Prelim
- Seniors Chorus - Prelim for Mid-Winter
- Seniors Quartet - Prelim for Mid-Winter
- (Mid-Winter is being held in Daytona Beach Florida)
- Novice Quartet
- Super Novice Quartet championships
- Seniors Quartet
- Super Seniors Quartet
- Dixie District male, female, and mixed quartet championships
Any registered quartet or chorus may Sing for Score or Evaluation only.
All times posted are Central. * Contest events may run early or long for the end time, and will effect the start time of the events that follow it. Please listen for announcements from the Presenter at each contest for any adjustment to times.
- 2-7 pm Registration - Hilton Garden Inn (HGI) - Ballroom C
- 2-7 pm Marketplace - HGI - Ballroom C
- 3 pm Dixie Seniors Chorus Rehearsal - Oxford Performing Arts Center (OPAC)
- 3:30 pm Tag Singing - HGI Boardroom with Steve Scott
- 6 pm Quartet Semi Finals - OPAC
- 9:30* pm Quartet and Senior Chorus Evaluations - Home2Suites
- 8-11 am Registration - HGI Ballroom C
- 8-11 am Marketplace - HGI Ballroom C
- 9 am Jo(e) Barbershop Chorus Rehearsal - OPAC
- 10 am Chorus Contest - OPAC
- 1* pm - Chorus Evaluations - OPAC
- 3 pm CLASS Vocal Production Essentials with Steve Scott - HGI Ballroom C
- 6 pm Quartet Finals - OPAC
- 7:30* pm Show of Champions - OPAC
- 9:30* pm Quartet Evaluations - H2S
- 9:30* pm Dixie District Chordatorium and Afterglow - HGI Ballroom A/B
- 9 am Gospel Hour - HGI Ballroom C
Here are the judges who are on the official panel:
- ADM – Bari Courts (JAD) & Rob Arnold (ONT)
- MUS – Steve Armstrong (ONT) & Cay Outerbridge (NED)
- PER – Joe Hunter (JAD) & Jon Kready (CSD)
- SNG – Tim Brooks (RMD) & James Estes (FWD)
- MUS – Dan Wessler (ILL) & Tyler Wigginton (RMD
- SNG - Steve Bayless (SWD) & Norbert Hammes (MAD)
Please use the following photo order form to secure your quartet/chorus posed photo.